TO A SIMPLE CHRISTMAS
I love Christmas, I love getting out and doing festive activities, spending intentional time with friends and family AND PUTTING UP THE TREE!! I really feel like the Christmas season is kicked off in our house when we put up the tree. Last year was a little weird for us because we were in Europe for the month of December! I am so glad to be home this Christmas season and plan on enjoying every moment of it!
This year as much as we plan on enjoying the season, we are also taking steps to enjoy a simple and quiet season with our new babe. We are really trying to ensure that we are not over scheduling ourselves and just hanging out, eating comfort food and drinking copious amounts of eggnog lattes (a poor choice for two people allergic to dairy).
Here are the five things that we have changed this year;
1. No presents, Josiah took a month off and we are going to spend some quality time together!
2. Less dinners and scheduled events and more relaxing.
3. Less decorating. THIS IS HARD! We just moved into our new place, but we are doing a lot less this year to have a more stress-free wife/mama.
4. Christmas Eve. Instead of running from service to dinners to another service, we will be hanging with our besties and their little guy.
5. Taking more photos to capture Damian's first Christmas!
I am so excited to spend time starting our own Christmas traditions and switching a usually for stressful time for us to a relaxing season. This is going to be so difficult as I am always scheduling us and having us running from place to place. I think my husband will enjoy a lot less "We running late" screams from me haha.
What are you doing different this year?